Senior Database Administrator - Murrysville, PA
The ideal candidates will possess elements of the following technical disciplines:
• Experience in a regulated healthcare setting or other highly regulated industry.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technology field. Masters a plus.
• Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience supporting external customer facing products including a thorough understanding of hardware\storage, virtualization and networking in both brick and mortar settings as well as cloud based SaaS models.
• Ability to effectively support and manage both Linux and Windows operating systems.
• Working knowledge in supporting and\or administrating Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and MongoDB or any document based repository.
• Previous experience working with and maintaining San Storage Devices. Experience in Snap Mirroring a plus.
• Experience in automation tooling via scripting is highly regarded for role.
• Demonstrated ability to work with rapidly changing development priorities while insuring performance and availability of production systems.
• Strong systems analysis, performance tuning, and troubleshooting skills.
• Support all Database Administration needs, including and not limited to: backups, restores, snapshots, replication, patching, DB deployments, and schema version change scripting within maintenance jobs and schedules.
• Effectively research, develop, test and implement new Database Tuning and maintenance procedures
• Implement and Maintain all Database Security policies, procedure and regulations
• Serve as DBA for operational and strategic planning and projects. Coordinate production releases and changes including technical and scheduling conflict reviews.
• Long term thinking and planning coupled with tactical execution and prioritization skills.
• Coordinate production releases and changes including technical and scheduling conflict reviews.
• Review new application supporting databases including Neo4J and Redis components to ensure compliance with company standards.