Software consultant & GIT
- Designs, develops, tests, and evaluates Android Platform software at or below the Android SDK.
- Requires a degree in software engineering design and development.
- Excludes paraprofessional positions.: Researches, designs, and develops Android Platform software at or below the Android SDK layer, in conjunction with hardware product development, applying principles and techniques of computer science and engineering.
- Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Consults with software architects and other engineering staff to evaluate interfaces, solution design and testability.
- Designs and implements the solution as well as using automation test frameworks to develop automated tests that validate the solution, with focus on functional and performance requirements of overall system.
- This position is with an Android Platform team which develops software at or under the Android SDK.
- C/C++ experience for working in Android/Linux native layers is desired, but not required.
- General knowledge in Android Settings, Android Networking, Device Management (applying OTA updates, recovery mode, package manager), Power Management, how Android supports Enterprise Wifi (getting certificates on device, managing certificates), HTTPS/TLS connections between device and internet addressable servers are all relevant areas of knowledge to this position.
- Practical knowledge of git is required.
- Practical knowledge of Gradle is a plus.